all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Buffer-local compilation-error-regexp-alist
@ 2011-09-21 16:26 Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2011-09-21 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Users

Hi!

How can I set up a buffer-local compilation-error-regexp-alist?

Making compilation-error-regexp-alist buffer-local will – obviously,
once you realize why – not work.

Thanks!

* Re: Buffer-local compilation-error-regexp-alist
@ 2011-09-22 17:05 ` Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2011-09-22 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nikolai> Hi!  How can I set up a buffer-local
Nikolai> compilation-error-regexp-alist?

Why?

--
Ian Zimmerman
gpg public key: 1024D/C6FF61AD

* Re: Buffer-local compilation-error-regexp-alist
@ 2011-09-22 17:32   ` Nikolai Weibull
From: Nikolai Weibull @ 2011-09-22 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ian Zimmerman; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 19:05, Ian Zimmerman <itz@buug.org> wrote:

> Nikolai> Hi!  How can I set up a buffer-local
> Nikolai> compilation-error-regexp-alist?

> Why?

Because otherwise rules for other languages get in the way.  The gnu
definition tends to match way too much, at least for the output that I
am dealing with in one of my modes.  Still, the gnu definition makes
sense for some other modes.

* Re: Buffer-local compilation-error-regexp-alist
@ 2011-09-22 20:49     ` Ian Zimmerman
From: Ian Zimmerman @ 2011-09-22 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nikolai> Hi!  How can I set up a buffer-local
Nikolai> compilation-error-regexp-alist?

>> Why?

Nikolai> Because otherwise rules for other languages get in the way.
Nikolai> The gnu definition tends to match way too much, at least for
Nikolai> the output that I am dealing with in one of my modes.  Still,
Nikolai> the gnu definition makes sense for some other modes.

So, why not globally prepend the match for your very special compiler?
The matching is from head to tail ...

That's what lisp packages for some exotic languages do.  If this is not
good enough, here's what I would do: define your own nikolai-compile and
nikolai-next-error functions that just call the normal versions, but
with compilation-error-regexp-alist bound locally (with a let).  Then
you can either replace the normal keybindings with your functions or add
separate keybindings.