Got it - thanks for clarifying! -Sora On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 9:30 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Sora Takai > > Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 11:10:42 +0900 > > > > 1. Are negative 'priority integers interpreted in an intuitive sense? > That is, would overlays with negative > > 'priority numbers rank distinctly lower than anything with higher > 'priority values (0 or above)? > > > > 2. Are they "valid" in a sense that emacs intends 'priority property to > be (in which case the manual description > > would have to be changed). > > Negative priority values are valid, but used internally by Emacs. So > we don't recommend using them in Lisp programs, as doing so might get > in the way of some Emacs features. > > > Personally, I think having negative 'priority -- given it works as > intended -- is useful, since I sometimes bump > > into use cases where I'd like to make sure certain overlays have the > lowest 'priority possible below all others. > > We recommend you not to use these values. >