Oh sorry for the trouble. I haven't tested it with emacs -Q (rookie here). In that case dired and editable buffers are working as expected. Here's a reproduction recipe for *Completion Buffer* and modeline: - create a folder with following files: تحقیق تست مدرن.txt تحقیق.org - visit a file using C-x C-f. - use TAB for *Completion Buffer*. - first character of all file names are disjointed. - type ت to filter the filenames, now the second characters are disjointed. - now open one of the files. in modeline first and last characters of the filename are disjointed. On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 at 10:36, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Sineau Gh > > Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2020 10:08:43 +0430 > > Cc: 42562@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > This can't be the problem, because even if I don't set a font on my > > config, the font which selected automatically by emacs is also rendered > > disjointed. But to make sure this isn't the case, I removed two > > compatible fonts that are automatically selected (namely, Vazir and > > Noto, both of which have great Persian support). The default font is now > DejaVu > > Mono, which is again rendered disjointed. > > Is this in "emacs -Q"? If so, then this is contrary to what everyone > else sees with Emacs 27, so there must be some other factor at work > here. > > In any case, I repeat the previous request: please provide a recipe > for reproducing the problem, starting with "emacs -Q". For example, > if this happens in Dired, then the recipe could be something like > this: > > . create a directory with files named .... (here show the exact > names of the file names to create) > . start Dired on that directory > . observe that file names ... (state the problematic file names) are > rendered incorrectly (here please attach a screenshot of the > incorrect display, and another one of how these file names should > look when rendered correctly) > > If some other non-default setting should be used, such as > column-number-mode or something else, please include those settings in > the recipe. > > Such a recipe is required to debug the problem. Based on previous > experience, once a recipe is provided, the solution is found very > quickly, but before the recipe is provided there's almost no progress > in investigating the problem. > > Thanks. >