all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* themes are not loaded properly for Emacs24
@ 2012-11-07  0:19 ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2012-11-07  0:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Emacs Version 24.2 (9.0)
MacOSX SnowLeopard 10.6.8

From my understanding, Emacs24 has the build-in theme functionality.
but after Emacs is booted up, I cannot change the theme as I want it to.

For the initial setup, I put

  (load-theme 'tango-dark t)

then the first screenshot shows the Emacs window.
After that, I implement M-x load-theme dark-blue
the second screenshot is what the result looks like.  The result appears
slightly different but not entirely.

It seems like "the first loaded theme cannot be overridden".

Can anyone guess what the problem is?

soichi

[-- Attachment #2: スクリーンショット(2012-11-07 9.12.11).png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 119714 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: スクリーンショット(2012-11-07 9.12.28).png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 117440 bytes --]

* Re: themes are not loaded properly for Emacs24
@ 2012-11-07 22:02 ` Shimon Cohen
From: Shimon Cohen @ 2012-11-07 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ishi soichi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

How about disable-theme before loading a new one.

@ 2012-11-09  0:49   ` ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2012-11-09  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shimon Cohen; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

> How about disable-theme before loading a new one.

thanks but it doesn't make much difference.  I was guessing that old
Emacs23 settings including themes are loaded somewhere.  But no, the new
setting does not include any theme at all.

soichi

@ 2012-11-09  3:57     ` ishi soichi
From: ishi soichi @ 2012-11-09  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shimon Cohen; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I have found the part causing the problem

(setq skk-server-host "localhost")
(setq skk-server-portnum 1178)
;;--------------------------------------------------
(let ((default-directory (expand-file-name "~/.emacs.d/lisp")))
  (add-to-list 'load-path default-directory)
  (if (fboundp 'normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path)
      (normal-top-level-add-subdirs-to-load-path)))
(setq skk-large-jisyo "~/.emacs.d/share/skk/SKK-JISYO.L")
(require 'skk-autoloads)
(global-set-key "\C-x\C-j" 'skk-mode)
(global-set-key "\C-xj" 'skk-mode)
(global-set-key "\C-xt" 'skk-tutorial)

SKK is Japanese input system, which is very important for me.
And this setting is copied from Emacs23's.
Do you see any problem?

soichi

@ 2012-11-09  4:38       ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2012-11-09  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ishi soichi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

I think what you are looking for could be done via

    M-x customize-themes RET

You may want to `Select more than one theme' and then later `migrate
your settings into a theme'.

This is what the commands show in my case:

    ,----

    `----