How about disable-theme before loading a new one. On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:19 AM, ishi soichi wrote: > Emacs Version 24.2 (9.0) > MacOSX SnowLeopard 10.6.8 > > From my understanding, Emacs24 has the build-in theme functionality. > but after Emacs is booted up, I cannot change the theme as I want it to. > > For the initial setup, I put > > (load-theme 'tango-dark t) > > then the first screenshot shows the Emacs window. > After that, I implement M-x load-theme dark-blue > the second screenshot is what the result looks like. The result appears > slightly different but not entirely. > > It seems like "the first loaded theme cannot be overridden". > > Can anyone guess what the problem is? > > soichi > >