Hello Paul, Thanks for your help and patience. I tried with r- Q but same issue, emacs freezes when I start editing the file (I can open it but not modify its content), For this test, the file is stored locally (no remote cifs access, no encryption), I do not have the problem with encfs on a local directory, only when the encrypted directory is stored on another server accessed with cifs. I do not have any problem with a remote directory accessed with cifs it if is not encrypted (I only have the issue when I use an encrypted directory with cifs). Cheers, Bertrand On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 3:55 PM, Paul Eggert wrote: > On 01/22/2015 06:16 AM, Bertrand Brelier wrote: > >> Hello Paul, >> >> I followed the steps but as soon as I try to edit the file when using >> gdb, the emacs windows freezes and I cannot do anything (I tried to open a >> local file, not on the network, with no encryption). >> >> > That's interesting, as it worked for me. We should try to see what > differs. > > Perhaps it's something involved with your startup. Can you try running > Emacs with the -Q option instead? That is, instead of this: > > (gdb) r > > do this: > > (gdb) r -Q > > Sorry if this all seems slow and painstaking, but that's life with remote > debugging. > > For what it's worth, I tried to reproduce the problem with encfs on my > machine (Fedora 21 x86-64) with a local directory, and could not reproduce > it. >