all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Vangelis Evangelou <evangelou@gmail.com>
To: Spencer Baugh <sbaugh@janestreet.com>
Cc: Arash Esbati <arash@gnu.org>, 70816@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#70816: 29.2; Flymake fails in latex-mode when the buffer is narrowed
Date: Sat, 18 May 2024 18:11:58 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi Spencer.

Yes, that does resolve the issue. However, as you hinted, it causes issues
with other diagnostic functions. In my tests, `ess-r-flymake' from the
emacs speaks statistics (ess) package produces incorrect error positions. I
wonder if `flymake-diag-region' should have an optional argument to not
widen the buffer before calculating the positions.

Best,
Vangelis