all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* always white background in compiled emacs24
@ 2014-01-06 11:26 David Belohrad
From: David Belohrad @ 2014-01-06 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear All,

I have git version of emacs compiled, using GTK3 (but tested with others
as well). When I try to load _any_ color theme using

(load-theme '<theme> t)

it applies all the colors except 'default-face' background and
foreground colors, which are always white (background) and black
(foreground).

My init file does not contain anything else than

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(load-theme 'leuven t)
#+END_SRC

And this happens as well when no custom init file is loaded. Result is
always white background. *ONLY* exception is, when I run emacs with -Q
parameter. Then load-theme works correctly.

Could someone point me to what I do wrong? I'm particularly puzzled with
fact, that even untweaked emacs ran without -Q parameter cannot load
themes correctly.

Many thanks

david