all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* open recent file on startup
@ 2012-08-03  1:20 Ferdinand
From: Ferdinand @ 2012-08-03  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

Hi,

I copied this in my .emacs file so that the recent file gets opened on startup:

(recentf-mode 1)
(if (file-readable-p recentf-save-file)
   (if (> (length recentf-list) 0)
      (find-file (car (recentf-elements 1)))))

It seems to work – when I start emacs I see my last opened file.
But then after a second, it switches the buffer back to the standard emacs start-screen.

How can I prevent this?

I have searched my .emacs file, but there is nothing else related to buffers or anything ..

thanks!