Hi, i'm starting this thread to discuss the support for stipples in windows port. My ideas in how this can be done is using the w32term.c functions for drawing rects, i tested using w32_fill_rect but it doesn't work, i don't know how it works. The elisp snippet that i'm using for test this is this: ``` (let* ((w (window-font-width)) (stipple `(,w 1 ,(apply #'unibyte-string (append (make-list (1- (/ (+ w 7) 8)) ?\0) '(1)))))) (insert "\n" (propertize " " 'face `(:background "red" :foreground "blue" :stipple ,stipple)))) ``` The closest thing i got was using w32_draw_rectangle inside w32_draw_glyph_string_background but for some reason it freezes and crashes after evaling the snippet, I'm not sure if it is related to the way I did it or is anything related to GC. Below this mail can you get the patch for test it (Also i'm sorry if the patch is too long i accidentally formatted it with clang-format) Also can i ask what is the purpose of this line? ``` # include "bitmaps/gray.xbm" ``` Thanks.