Please confirm the command in bash $ gdb emacs Em 22/03/2017 20:41, "Eli Zaretskii" escreveu: > From: Mário Sousa > Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 20:32:50 +0000 > Cc: Mario Sousa , 26218@debbugs.gnu.org > > Thanks for the quick reply. > I am a favourite of emacs since a long time now. > The program is crashing sometimes repeatedly and some times I can work on it for hours/days without > closing with no problem. > The email I have sent through emacs happen after the crash (I though it would save the information from the > crash). I saw in the internet how to do the automatic. This (below) is the message that comes from the crash. > Maybe you can interpreted it. > > Tell me what more information should I send you. > > -- > Best regards > Mário Sousa > > ++++++ > Fatal error 11: Segmentation fault > Backtrace: > emacs[0x50ac9c] Thanks. Please run Emacs under GDB, and when it crashes, type this command at GDB prompt: (gdb) thread apply all bt Then post here everything that GDB displays in response to the above command. This will provide a human-readable backtrace that we could analyze and attempt to understand what causes the crashes.