Agree about cl- being better than ecl- . Btw, if remove-if becomes defalias'ed to cl-remove-if, aren't the two calls indistinguishable to the byte compiler? If they are, and calling cl-remove wouldn't trigger a warning, wouldn't remove-if calls also become warning-less? And if they would, isn't it simpler to just allow calling remove-if? :) ilya On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Stefan Monnier wrote: > > I'm just glad this is being considered :) It'd be great to see this in > > 24.2 . > > Patch welcome (and BTW, I'd prefer the "cl-" prefix over the "ecl-" > prefix). > It's never too early to start. > > > Stefan >