Of the names mentioned so far, cl-lib seems best to me: what distinguishes cl from most other packages is that it's a library of callable code rather than an implementation of some user-facing functionality. cl-ext would also work for the same reason. If the intention is to eventually obsolete and forget about the non-safe, non-clean and non-nice version of cl, then cl-safe/cl-clean/cl-nice might look strange in future code (suggesting that there's a non-safe/non-clean/non-nice version somewhere & the user is choosing the safe/clean/nice version for their particular program). Cf. car-safe, floatp-safe etc. On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM, Richard Stallman wrote: > No: The way to do it is to rename cl.el to cl-.el, change all > its definitions to use the "cl-" prefix and then create a new cl.el > which only contains defaliases. > > Yes, that would be the right way. > > My suggestions for names for the new package are cl-safe, cl-imp (for > implementation), or cl-nice (because it is nice to the namespace). > > > also: should i also add cl- aliases for macro names in CL, for > uniformity? > > That's a good question and I haven't thought much about it. I'm leaning > towards the "yes" (e.g. I don't like the current dolist/dotimes > situation where those macros are defined in two different ways > depending on whether `cl' is loaded or not). > > I agree. > > -- > Dr Richard Stallman > President, Free Software Foundation > 51 Franklin St > Boston MA 02110 > USA > www.fsf.org www.gnu.org > Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software. > Use free telephony http://directory.fsf.org/category/tel/ >