Oh. Thanks. -Steven On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Bob Proulx wrote: > > P.S. Sorry if this is showing up twice. I didn't see it posted at first, > > and figured it's because I ticked the "conceal email address" option, so > it > > went overboard and concealed my email by just not posting my message. > > This is the first time your address is seen to the mailing list. > Spammers like to subscribe and then post messages to scam the "must be > subscribed to post" filters which renders them useless. Therefore all > new subscribers are moderated until they post a valid message. After > the initial valid email posting then you are unmoderated subsequently. > > It looks like you posted your message at 09:31:53 -0600 and it was > delivered at 15:24:07 -0600. Volunteers are sometimes busy with jobs > and life. > > Additionally the network through the lists.gnu.org machine is often > saturated delivering email especially when people attach multimegabyte > files (log files, pictures, screenshots, pdfs, random things) that are > delivered to hundreds or thousands of subscribers multiplying the > bandwidth significantly. That will often cause the mailing list to > have long delays in being able to deliver all mail through it even > small ones. To curb that problem large emails are also held for > moderation. > > Additionally there has until recently been a problem where the mailing > list machine would inappropriately think it was overloaded and > throttle delivery until the load subsided. That was also causing long > mailing list delivery delays to appear out of the blue. That > particular problem has been fully mitigated now. > > Bob > >