Helm is way, way overkill. I tried it for months and I can't get used to it. It does too many things, has too many options, leaves buffers lying around whenever you use it. But the way ido-mode works is quite perfect. All except this one little visual detail that I'm thinking is probably easy to fix. -Steven On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Tom wrote: > Steven Degutis gmail.com> writes: > > > These ideas seem like overkill. The current technique ido-mode > > uses is great, it just could use a different visual > > representation when displayed vertically, that's all. I'm sure > > it can't be that hard, maybe forking ido-mode and hard-coding > > it would be sufficient. > > In that case it would make more sense to use Helm. Helm uses a > vertical display by default, so the best solution would be to > create some kind of a bridge between them, so that ido provides > the backend and Helm the frontend. > > > >