Originally I wanted to make it change the face per-window, so I could easily know which window I'm editing in. I even named it auto-dim-other-windows at first. Then I realized emacs only allows us to set per-buffer faces. It doesn't allow us to set per-window faces. Please file a bug asking for the feature to set per-window faces. For now, this is the best we can do with what emacs gives us. -Steven On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote: > Steven Degutis writes: > > > Thanks for the ideas. > > > > I've made an official github repo here: > > https://github.com/sdegutis/auto-dim-other-buffers.el/ > > > > The face is now customizable, with the black-background one being a dumb > > default. This way, everyone can choose for themselves what will look > right, > > whether the background should get lighter or darker or maybe the text > color > > should instead. > > After trying your code from github, I have to ask: what is its purpose? > I thought that it is used for easily locating the window where the > cursor is. If that's true, you need to work with windows instead of > buffers (think of two windows showing the same buffer: as the buffer for > both is the "current" one, neither window is considered as "other" by > your code as long as the cursor is in one of them.) > > >