I can't even remember writing that message. I have not seen emacs crashes at all recently (for approximately the last year, at least). - Vin On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 7:33 AM, Noam Postavsky wrote: > Vin Shelton writes: > > > Dear Maintainers, > > > > Ever since updating to linux Mint 17.1, I have been getting emacs has > > been dumping core every couple of days. I rebuilt with symbols > > enabled and you will find the backtrace below. The emacs is sitting > > idle, typically while the computer is idling with the screen blanked. > > I think the crashes has something to do with threads; I would not be > > surprised to find that the error occurs in the libpthread or libc, but > > I wanted to notify you of the failure in case it is actually > > emacs-related. > > > > Please let me know if there is any further information you need. > > Sorry nobody followed up with this at the time. There have been quite a > few fixes since then, is this still a problem with more recent Emacs > versions, 25.3 or 26.1? >