all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Alex Branham <alex.branham@gmail.com>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: 24463@debbugs.gnu.org
Subject: bug#24463: 25.1; hl-line-mode makes text disappear
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 20:14:44 +0000	[thread overview]

Thanks for responding.

After more investigation, it turns out that hl-line-mode is not responsible
for this - I was having this issue in emacs -Q whenever emacs redrew text
(which just happened much more frequently in hl-line-mode). Sometimes it
would disappear, and sometimes it would duplicate the last line when
scrolling down. I tried using Gnome on Wayland instead of X and did not
experience this issue. But other things did not work in wayland.

Since the Arch Wiki (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/intel_graphics)
suggests that the kernel modesetting may be better than the intel graphics
package, I uninstalled that package just to see if that would fix the
issue. After uninstalling and rebooting the computer, I have not
experienced this weird disappearing/duplicating text issue.

I don't know enough about this to tell whether this is a bug in that intel
graphics package or emacs.

Thanks again!