On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:15 AM, Neal Becker wrote: > gdb doesn't seem to be usable.  I get lots of: > > error in process filter: gdb-breakpoints-list-handler-custom: Wrong type > argument: stringp, nil > error in process filter: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil > > and I can't seem to really use it at all. > I hit this yesterday too. GDB-MI doesn't seem to be able to handle what GDB calls "multiple" breakpoints. i.e. a breakpoint that GDB sets on every overloaded function that matches an expression. The problem is that the MI output has an extra field - "type" only on the "parent breakpoint", while GDB-MI expects to find it even on "child breakpoints". I've attached a patch. Could you check if it works for you too? -Kaushik PS: While at it, I also cleaned up what gets displayed in the absence of fields in MI output. The breakpoint table now shows "" instead of nil.