Ah yes... you are totally right of course. So for the first question, (pdf-scroll.el is not required indeed), do `M-x papyrus-demo`, maximize the demo window, then scroll down a few pages, and split the buffer horizontally. Now, the page in the other window does not get diplayed. Then do `M-: (print "test")` and hide the echo-area by pressing `esc`. Now the page does get displayed. So my question is how can I achieve this without printing something first. On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 at 20:32, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: dalanicolai > > Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 20:17:11 +0200 > > Cc: Emacs Devel > > > > Well, for the second question, just do emacs -q, > > then load papyrus.el and do `M-x papyrus-demo`. > > And then do what? look where? for what issues? > > > For the first question pdf-tools is required to be installed, > > I am not sure how to achieve that from emacs -q > > (well besides building the server manually, after installing > > pdf-tools using `list-packages` I guess). > > I don't understand. It is your code that inserts the overlays which > AFAIU give you the problems, right? So I think it should be possible > to construct a simple test case using some image file instead of what > pdf-tools produce. > > > So maybe you could answer/comment on the second question. > > I don't think I understand the situation well enough to answer, sorry. >