I forgot to add the link but have added it in one of my replies On Tue, 19 Apr 2022 at 09:15, Philip Kaludercic wrote: > dalanicolai writes: > > > I have written a 'scroll/image roll' package that could be considered an > > extension to image-mode. > > The package provides a 'displaying' mechanism for displaying > > images/documents as a single 'virtual scroll'. The main feature/advantage > > of the package is that it allows for the 'much requested' continuous > > scrolling. > > Have I missed something or where can I see the source code? ELPA would > ideally require a public Git repository to mirror and built the packages > from. > > > In the package I have extracted (and improved) the 'display engine' (or > > whatever to call it), from some earlier experiments of implementing > > continuous scroll into doc-view and pdf-tools. > > > > The current package can be used for displaying documents like books, but > > also for displaying a selection of images. I first thought of calling it > > papyrus.el (because scroll and bookroll, would clutter too much the Emacs > > namespaces), but finally I thought, as it can be used to show images on a > > toll, and can be considered an extension to image-mode, it would be > better > > to call it image-roll.el (or maybe just roll), opinions and suggestions > > about the name are very welcome. > > > > For testing, he package contains a `papyrus-demo` function that can > simply > > be called after loading the package (best after starting from emacs -Q). > > Additionally, as a final step, and as an example of how the package can > be > > used, I have included an `image-roll-directory` function in the last > > section (of 38 lines only) in the file, to provide an example of how the > > package can be used to display all images within some directory on a > 'roll'. > > This is only a minimal example; as this does not have my priority, I did > > not bother to make it 'fit/scale' the images. > > > > However, I have written also an extension for `pdf-tools`, that provides > a > > toggle function so that users can toggle between the 'single' page > > displaying, or the `image-roll` displaying. That file can be found here > > < > https://github.com/dalanicolai/pdf-tools/blob/papyrus-version/lisp/pdf-scroll.el > >. > > That file can simply be downloaded and loaded (after first setting the > path > > to image-roll.el at the top of the file, of course this requires > pdf-tools > > to be installed). > > > > I would be happy with any feedback, and info about if and how (what is > > required) this could be added to Emacs core. If you think this package is > > not a good candidate for core (after the required modifications), then I > > would also be happy if it could be added to ELPA (although the package on > > itself is not very interesting, it should get used by 'extensions' e.g. > for > > pdf-tools, dired, doc-view, djvu.el etc.). > > dalanicolai writes: > > > (I should really switch to Emacs for mail, the above mail probably looks > > terrible on the archive, anyway...) > > Looks fine using Gnus, I'm guessing the archive is using the HTML part > of the message. > > > As a short comment, on pdf-scroll.el. That file contains only a few lines > > of 'new' code. The major part of that > > file contains copies of 'original' pdf-tools function, but with some > minor > > modifications. I will add comments > > behind the lines containing modifications. > > -- > Philip Kaludercic >