That might be a typo, the package of course does depend on pdf-tools. Indeed the package can be released immediately (without prior extra development), so I will increase that version number then. On Tue, 20 Sept 2022 at 19:37, Philip Kaludercic wrote: > dalanicolai writes: > > > This package has been for a while on MELPA now, but it would be nice if > it > > could be moved to ELPA. The source can be found at > > https://github.com/dalanicolai/toc-mode. > > > > I would like to mention that the PDF functionalities largely depend on > > pdf-tools, which is not on > > ELPA of course (doc-view unfortunately does not provide the right > > features). I am not sure > > if that somehow is a problem. > > Is there a reason it doesn't depend on pdf-tools? > > > The package description is: > > > > Create, cleanup, add and manage Table Of Contents (TOC) of pdf and djvu > > documents with Emacs > > > > TOC-mode is a package for creating, cleaning, adding and managing the > Table > > Of Contents (TOC) of pdf and djvu documents. > > > > > > Quite some (usually older, but also newer) digital books, come without a > > digital Table of Contents. > > > > However, such TOC is often quite convenient to have (especially for > > researchers/students who would like to skim/navigate books quickly). > > > > > > This package provides functionalities for easily extracting and preparing > > from text contents, and subsequently adding to documents, digital Tables > of > > Contents. > > I guess it sounds nice to have. > > > Please let me know if the package is suitable for ELPA, and then what > else > > is needed to make it > > The first thing that would have to be changed is the "Version" header. > It is currently set to "0" which is a MELPA-ism but ELPA interprets as > "unreleased". Just bump it to whatever version greater than 0 that you > prefer. Every time you bump the version tag, a new release will be > built and distributed. > > > ready for ELPA (although I guess it is already ready for publishing on > > ELPA). > > > > > > Thanks! >