Well, I am an evil (vim keybindings) user, and only know very few Emacs default keybindings. Also, I guess search functionality is not very important when simply adjusting page numbers in a table of contents. But suggestions for improvements are always welcome. On Sun, 25 Sept 2022 at 19:13, Yuri Khan wrote: > On Sun, 25 Sept 2022 at 23:49, dalanicolai wrote: > > > As mentioned in > > the instructions for the tabular mode the contents of every field in > tabular mode can be > > updated by reading from the user through placing the cursor on the field > and then pressing > > C-r. > > Do you seriously rebind C-r away from isearch-backward? >