Hi Michael, Can you comment on remote flag mentioned by Philip as well? Here it is the docs for it: REMOTE is non-nil, search on the remote host indicated by `default-directory' instead. Thanks, Ivan On Sat, Jun 20, 2020 at 7:47 PM Michael Albinus wrote: > Ivan Yonchovski writes: > > > Hi Michael, > > Hi Ivan > > > As part of investigating > > https://github.com/emacs-lsp/lsp-mode/issues/1688 I noticed that > > executable-find does not return the binary when it is not on the remote > > PATH(or at least this is what I see) even if you specify the full path > > to the binary. Can you comment if this is the expected behaviour? > > `executable-find' is not designed to be supported by a file name handler > like Tramp. It will always check for binaries on the local host. > > > Thanks, > > Ivan > > Best regards, Michael. >