Thank you for your reply. What kind of fallback? I want to detect if char is visible and use a different one. E. g. bulb can be replaced with "!". > IOW, what did you intend to do if you find out > that the font configured by the user does NOT have a glyph for the > character in question? > Yes. > I'm asking because some fallbacks don't need to know whether a > particular font can display a particular character. But I'm not sure > those fallbacks are appropriate for your use case. > > > I tried to use char-displayable-p but it seems like it is not > > what I am looking for. > > I believe you want font-get-glyphs. > I will try that out. I am not sure what FONT-OBJECT parameter stands for? Thanks, Ivan