Hi Eli, I think I get similar results. * ~5mb/s for ~500b message * ~15mb/s for ~850kb message So it is like ~500ms for 10mb. Thanks, Ivan On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 6:14 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: yyoncho > > Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2019 23:34:38 +0200 > > Cc: Sébastien Chapuis , > > 31138@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > 3. Even in the best case scenario native parsing is not fast enough. In > lsp-mode, you might receive 3.5mb > > json as a server-side response while you are typing. E. g. I might type > "abc" and get 10.5 mb json. > > What kind of throughput do you get with native JSON parsing when you > submit a 10MB JSON to it? My testing indicates that decoding strings > by UTF-8 runs at about 50 msec per MByte for short strings, and about > 4 times faster for very large strings. How does this compare with the > overall time for processing a 10MB JSON? > > > Alternatively, we (lsp-mode team) will be able to solve all these in a > dynamic module if emacs module > > mechanism is extended to allow creating emacs lisp structures > efficiently. > > I think we should only consider this after we profile JSON parsing and > see which parts take the most processing time. >