all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* failure to turn off highlight for current line
@ 2011-12-09 20:22 Jim Green
From: Jim Green @ 2011-12-09 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi!

when I open a c++ file,  it  highlights current line.

for non c++ file, it's clean though.

I have
(setq global-hl-line-mode 0) in my vars.rc.el file and my init.el load
it but this doesn't work.

I suspect some later rc files overwrites my setting in vars.rc.el.  I
could use m-x hl-line-mode to turn it off though.

c-h v shows:

global-hl-line-mode is a variable defined in `hl-line.el'.
Its value is nil

In this case is there an easy way to permanently turn the highlighting
off for current line? or how to troubleshoot why I have line
highlighting on?

Thanks!
Jim.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-12-09 20:22 UTC | newest]