Correction to previous message. Tried testing again under macOS and it also fails on that platform. So previous test must have just been lucky - suspect this is server related. Will also report to the other list. On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 at 20:54, Tim Cross wrote: > Still doesn't work. > > My symptoms do seem very similar to the issue in bug#36725 and I suspect > the use-package component mentioned there is just incidental (I also have > use-package and it was installation of the delight package, which is used > by use-package, which I was using to diagnose this). I also tried the same > process on a mcaOS system, same emacs version and it worked with no > problems. So, seems to be a TLS issue and restricted to GNU Linux. Will try > and update the bug report with this additional info. > > thanks Eli. > > Tim > > On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 at 19:16, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> > Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2019 11:59:09 +0300 >> > From: Eli Zaretskii >> > Cc: emacs-devel@gnu.org >> > >> > If you are still seeing this now, please write to >> > savannah-hackers-public@gnu.org and describe the details. >> >> Alternatively, see bug#36725, maybe that is what you are seeing. >> > > > -- > regards, > > Tim > > -- > Tim Cross > > -- regards, Tim -- Tim Cross