On Sun, 13 Dec 2020 at 15:56, Richard Stallman wrote: > [[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] > [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] > [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]] > > > > I think a mandatory requirement should simply be that any > > > packages which go into non-GNU ELPA are hosted on an approved > > > platform. We could point to a list of such hosting providers > > > e.g. https://www.gnu.org/software/repo-criteria-evaluation.html > > > and say Grade C or better only. . > > > There is no such requirement for GNU ELPA at the moment. > > GNU ELPA packages are hosted inside GNU ELPA itself. The package > developers update their packages inside GNU ELPA. > > NonGNU ELPA will be quite different. Packages will generally be > hosted elsewhere. We won't insist that the developers do things > in the way we would consider acceptable in the GNU Project. > > > Sorry, but I don't think this is an accurate statement. The GNU ELPA repository has external packages where the code is primarily maintained/developed externally, often on github. A 'regular' process pulls the data into the GNU ELPA repository to generate new/updated package versions.