Hi Noam, and thank you for a quick reply! 2017-09-24 19:14 GMT+03:00 Noam Postavsky : > > It is expected that Python completion works out-of-the-box, without > > warnings. > > Seems to be impossible, unfortunately. Does this commentary from > python.el help? > > ;; If your Python installation lacks readline (like CPython for > ;; Windows), installing pyreadline (URL > ;; `http://ipython.org/pyreadline.html') should suffice. To > ;; troubleshoot why you are not getting any completions, you can try the > ;; following in your Python shell: > ;; >>> import readline, rlcompleter > > ;; If you see an error, then you need to either install pyreadline or > ;; setup custom code that avoids that dependency. > It didn't help, unfortunately: I was indeed missing pyreadline, but installing it from conda repo made no difference :-( Neither did using "-i -u" as interactive Python arg. I vaguely remember this working with older Pythons -- what could probably change? Best wishes, Andrey Paramonov