Hi Noam! 2017-09-24 20:51 GMT+03:00 Noam Postavsky : > > It didn't help, unfortunately: I was indeed missing pyreadline, but > > installing it from conda repo made no difference :-( > > Neither did using "-i -u" as interactive Python arg. > > > > I vaguely remember this working with older Pythons -- what could > > probably change? > > Hmm, can you try running the python code from > python-shell-completion-native-setup manually from a prompt and see what > comes out? (or where it goes wrong) > It is too tiresome to input it one-by-one line! When I invoke >py -i t.py where t.py contains the code you listed, all is silently Ok. Should I take time and enter it line-by-line, interactively -- or the problem is likely elsewhere? Best wishes, Andrey Paramonov