2017-09-24 23:06 GMT+03:00 Noam Postavsky : > Darn. What if you M-x run-python and then use C-c C-c in "t.py" to send > it to the shell? > Bad news: the message Warning (python): Your ‘python-shell-interpreter’ doesn’t seem to support readline, yet ‘python-shell-completion-native-enable’ was t and "py" is not part of the ‘python-shell-completion-native-disabled-interpreters’ list. Native completions have been disabled locally. still appears when I M-x run-python Good news: python shell buffer now displays >>> python.el: native completion setup loaded after I eval the contents of t.py. Actually, it displays the message upon loading, and completion does work. I must have believed the warning rather than checked, after install of pyreadline. Why the message appears? It tells that completion is disabled which is not true! Best wishes, Andrey Paramonov