On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 6:10 PM Alan Third wrote: > On Wed, Feb 05, 2020 at 11:00:05AM -0500, Daniel Pittman wrote: > > After building Emacs with the ns/draw-to-bitmap branch merged, on macOS > > 10.15.2, I'm seeing some performance issues. I'd like, Alan, to know how > > you would prefer me to proceed in a way that best helps you (and anyone > > else here) resolve them. > Honestly, though, I’d be happy for you to have a look as we’re rather > struggling. Using the offscreen bitmap means Emacs doesn’t have any > odd graphical glitches. The other method, described here > > https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=32932#412 > > does have serious glitches but has *much* better performance. OK. I'll see about spending some time in the area, see if I can't improve performance for me and hopefully everyone else. Thanks for the pointers and patches, which I'll play around with, and see what comes of testing them, and additional profiling. I can't promise a strict timeline, as this is a personal time project, but I'm definitely motivated to improve performance here. I'll keep in touch via the list on progress. Thank you for your quick response.