Nice, guys, I'm happy to see that the FAQ is being brought back! The way I see it as a relatively new Emacs user is that more people would get into it if the very beginning stages were explained very completely. Think about it if you were a middle school student, what would you need to get started with this wonderful and seemingly cryptic, dark world? Jay On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 8:17 PM Óscar Fuentes wrote: > Nicolas Petton writes: > > > Ok, so based on your feedback, it is not obvious that the zip file > > contains a binary to run? > > Maybe it is a good idea to mention de addpm.exe utility for creating the > shorcuts, and emacs.exe/emacsrun.exe for directly executing Emacs? Oh, > wait: > > > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/efaq-w32.html#Installing-binaries > > but the FAQ is not referenced from > > https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/download.html > > In fact, I found no link at all to the Windows FAQ. That's a waste, > because the FAQ contains lots of useful info. > -- *Jay Walker Paz* *Implementation/Support* *O: 612-424-6735* *www.conserviscorp.com *