OK. So I've installed gdb, and rebuilt Emacs as Eli suggested. I have then imported the project to Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers (Oxygen Release 4.7.0). I have no trouble running the GUI from Eclipse. However, when when I try to debug it, I get the following error message: --- 'Launching emacs-26.0.50.1' has encountered a problem. Error in final launch sequence Failed to execute MI command: -exec-run Error message from debugger back end: During startup program terminated with signal ?, Unknown signal. During startup program terminated with signal ?, Unknown signal. --- On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Paul Eggert wrote: > Itai Berli wrote: > >> At any rate, gdb is not installed >> on my system. I can download and install it, but I'm a little hesitant, as >> I'm afraid it might clash with LLVM. >> > > It won't break anything; although GDB consumes LLVM's output, it does not > affect what LLVM does. > > You don't need to rerun autogen.sh merely because you re-ran 'configure'. >