Is there any progress with allowing the user to customize the end-of-paragraph mark to be the OS paragraph separator character? On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 8:46 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Itai Berli > > Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 20:01:25 +0300 > > > > You did, but it would be much nicer for a noob like me to be able to > simply type in my .emacs file something > > like: (bidi.markers.visible false), or maybe even > > > > (bidi.markers.ALM null) > > (bidi.markers.RLM ⊲) > > (bidi.markers.LRM ⊳) > > Sorry, I don't see why the exact way how to customize this is so > important. glyphless-char-display-control is a user-level > customizable variable, not some obscure feature that requires Lisp > programming to tailor it to your needs. > > > Isn't the Bidi feature important and complicated enough to merit its own > tailored set of customizable > > parameters? > > It does have its private customizations, but this one isn't one of > them, I don't see why it should be. The characters of the Cf general > category are quite a few, and Emacs handled them all the same, because > they all have the same nature. >