You did, but it would be much nicer for a noob like me to be able to simply type in my .emacs file something like: (bidi.markers.visible false), or maybe even (bidi.markers.ALM null) (bidi.markers.RLM ⊲) (bidi.markers.LRM ⊳) ... Isn't the Bidi feature important and complicated enough to merit its own tailored set of customizable parameters? On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 7:47 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Itai Berli > > Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 19:37:04 +0300 > > > > And while you're perusing the code, perhaps you can see if it is also > > possible to allow the user to decide whether they want the bidi control > characters to be visible or not > > You can do that already: just customize glyphless-char-display-control > to be 'zero-width' for the 'format-control' class, and these > characters will become invisible. Didn't I mention that up-thread? >