Paul Eggert wrote: > type the GDB command "b Fexpand_file_name" to plant a breakpoint in (say) Fexpand_file_name What do you mean by 'Fexpand_file_name'? The name of a file, or the name of a function? Could you give me a concrete example? Suppose, for instance, I wish to place a breakpoint at the start of the 'main; function. How can I do so? On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 11:57 AM, Itai Berli wrote: > OK. So I've installed gdb, and rebuilt Emacs as Eli suggested. I have then > imported the project to Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers (Oxygen Release > 4.7.0). I have no trouble running the GUI from Eclipse. However, when when > I try to debug it, I get the following error message: > > --- > 'Launching emacs-26.0.50.1' has encountered a problem. > Error in final launch sequence > Failed to execute MI command: > -exec-run > Error message from debugger back end: > During startup program terminated with signal ?, Unknown signal. > During startup program terminated with signal ?, Unknown signal. > --- > > On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM, Paul Eggert wrote: > >> Itai Berli wrote: >> >>> At any rate, gdb is not installed >>> on my system. I can download and install it, but I'm a little hesitant, >>> as >>> I'm afraid it might clash with LLVM. >>> >> >> It won't break anything; although GDB consumes LLVM's output, it does not >> affect what LLVM does. >> >> You don't need to rerun autogen.sh merely because you re-ran 'configure'. >> > >