Hi all, Sorry for the late reply. I did a test now, on Emacs 24.3 as well as 26.1, and I don't see the problem anymore. Many moons have passed and I am now on Windows 10 and who knows what changes our IT dept. have done in our network configuration. I think this can be closed (if others does not experience this still) Thanks for the attention though. /Mathias On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 9:27 PM Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: Stefan Kangas > > Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 19:36:53 +0200 > > Cc: Mathias Dahl , 5833@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > > Meanwhile we have learned that one other possible culprit is the Net > > > Logon service, see etc/PROBLEMS for the details and the workaround. > > > > Unless the original poster thinks otherwise, this indeed sounds like a > > possible culprit. Is there anything that Emacs can do better if that > > is indeed the case, or is that just a limitation of Windows and its > > Net Logon service? > > Maybe we could do more, but I have no idea how. I don't know enough > aboutr the reason for the slowness of that particular operation. >