On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:55 AM, martin rudalics wrote: > > I think I have solved this one. Input events started coming in before the > > init code had finished. By surrounding it by a block_input() and > > unblock_input() pair it seems to work better. I will run it for a couple > of > > days and, if the problems have gone away, I will commit it. > > Would that help? Yes, it helped, but for a totally different problem, the startup crash. > I earlier mentioned that here > > "on GNUStep making the > toolbar visible in update_frame_tool_bar immediately provokes a call of > windowDidResize which calls updateFrameSize with a not yet updated > toolbar height some time before updateFrameSize gets properly called at > the end of update_frame_tool_bar." > > Now update_frame_tool_bar has > > block_input (); > ... > if (![toolbar isVisible]) > [toolbar setVisible: YES]; > ... > unblock_input (); > > and the windowDidResize gets through nevertheless. > I have fixed this by introducing a flag, in_animation, which I set temporarily around calls to setVisible. It makes updateFrameSize return immediately. Problem solved. BTW, can you reproduce the scenario of bug#21770? > Yes. I will take a look at fringe-related problems next. I might be able to take a look at this after that. I just pushed the toolbar fix and the startup crash fix. -- Anders