Hi! On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 11:05 PM, Drew Adams wrote: > But if one of the questions is whether an Emacs user > (or code) should _be able_ to position a frame off > screen then I emphatically say yes, s?he should. > > I have code that lets you incrementally move a frame > up/down/left/right, including wraparound or including > the possibility of not wrapping but continuing till > the frame is entirely off screen. > > I don't see anything wrong with _allowing_ someone > to position a frame off screen. Why they might want > to do that is up to them. > I can see the point of your argument. After all, this is how Emacs work today, and most people have been fine with it. However, I don't feel 100% comfortable with the current situation. The main issue is people with laptops connected to an extern monitor. When the external monitor is disconnected, Emacs might land off screen. I would imagine that most people would prefer that Emacs would be moved and resized to fit in the screen of the laptop (as I imagine, most macOS application behave). Secondly, I miss an easy accessible method to move off-screen frames into the visible parts of the display. On macOS, the menu is always accessible even if the window isn't, so the obvious place would be a menu item like "Collect Frame" (I noticed that "C-x 5 c" is unbound) -- it could be placed after "Delete Frame" in the "File" menu. If that question is not in fact being raised in this > bug discussion, then please ignore this intrusion, > and sorry for the noise. > No need to apologize, your input is always welcome! -- Anders