On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 10:55:42 +0100 > > From: Anders Lindgren > > Cc: 22814@debbugs.gnu.org > > > > A general support for polling in filenotify.el is not foreseen, too much > > effort. But I believe, in the auto-revert case Emacs works already this > > way. When file-notify-add-watch returns nil, auto-revert falls back to > > polling (to be tested, I'll I add a test). > > > > This sounds like the right thing to do. > > > > The main question is why Emacs hangs when opening a large desktop (which > is why I didn't want this bug to > > be closed), even though the file notify system has this fallback. > > Can you debug this? > Not within a reasonable time frame, unfortunately. In can put it on the NS Wishlist, and hope that someone picks up on it. -- Anders