Eli, I just saw you other letter in the other thread. I reply here instead: I'm saying that it's not a disaster that a bug like that stays unfixed > for a day or two. (It wasn't meant to be a criticism on your behalf.) > Good to know, I was a bit stressed causing trouble for others and not being able to look into the problem. (When it comes to core development, I still feel like a beginner.) Just so you know, I didn't take it as criticism. > Not sure what you are saying. If you mean you want to wait for me to > push my changes, then part of them need your patch, because they > modify some of the code you added. > > I can send you my changes, so you could try them before both parts are > installed, if you want. > Please send the patch to me so I can test here. Alternatively, if you feel confident it will work, feel free to push the full patch. -- Anders On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 8:23 PM, Anders Lindgren wrote: > Hi! > > Eli, can you push or send me your fix to ucs-normalize. I'd like to verify > that my patch doesn't cause further problems before I re-publish it. > > Also, I was curious about one thing. My intention was to include > ucs-normalize when bootstrapping for NextStep only -- why did this cause a > problem when building on other systems? > > -- Anders > > > On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > >> > Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 07:17:32 +0100 >> > From: Anders Lindgren >> > Cc: random832@fastmail.com, 22169@debbugs.gnu.org >> > >> > > I will push my patch for using the utf-8-hfs coding system (most >> likely) >> > > tomorrow. >> > >> > OK, I will then push this change afterwards. >> > >> > Done! >> >> Thanks, I pushed my part, and I'm marking this done. >> > >