Hi! > Can you confirm whether: > >A) the contents of the minibuffer (or e.g. a dired buffer) are > in decomposed format (i.e. can you backspace the accent marks > separately with DEL)? When I backspace I delete a full character. >B) the filenames are returned in decomposed format, normal > UTF-8, or some other format from readdir()? The low-level C function? I'll see if I find some time in the next couple of days. >C) Does installing the utf-8m encoding from Carbon Emacs solve > the problem? Carbon Emacs? The one that YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu is maintaining? I haven't got it installed, but I can see if I can do it in the next couple of days. -- Anders