Lars Ingebrigtsen writes: > Drew Adams writes: > >> In Customize Face, if attribute Inherit is checked then be able to click >> the name of an inherited face, to customize it, or at least to see its >> attributes/definition. >> >> That is, have a link on it, which invokes either `customize-face' or >> `describe-face' for it. > > Makes sense. I've now added this to Emacs 28. > +(defun cus--face-link (widget _format) > + (let ((face (intern (widget-get widget :value)))) > + (widget-create-child-and-convert > + widget 'face-link > + :button-face 'link > + :tag "link" > + :action (lambda (&rest _x) > + (customize-face face))))) > + I think this could become confusing if one edits the value of the inherited face, because the link always points to the widget's value at creation time. I suggest making the link always point to the widget's current value, like in the attached patch.