Hi peter Do you mean that if supporting bmp in emacs, we need to compile emacs with ImageMagick? As a lazy man, I typically use apt-get to install emacs on ubuntu. All I want is just view bmp images in emacs, no editing. Is there any other way to support bmp in emacs? Denny On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 1:14 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote: > > Am 27.10.2011 um 18:32 schrieb filebat Mark: > > > Any hint is welcome for me to move further. Thanks in advance. > > The NEWS of GNU Emacs 24.0.90 contain: > > *** If Emacs is compiled with ImageMagick support (see Startup > Changes), the function `imagemagick-types' returns a list of image > file extensions that your installation of ImageMagick supports. The > function `imagemagick-register-types' enables ImageMagick support > for > these image types, minus those listed in > `imagemagick-types-inhibit'. > > See the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual for more information. > > > -- > Greetings > > Pete > > They're putting dimes in the hole in my head to see the change in me. > > -- Thanks & Regards Denny Zhang