Does this happen even in full-screen mode? Also, if you installed vmware-tools, try the Unity mode. Thanks, Raj On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 4:17 AM, Jim Newton wrote: > Does anyone have advise about running emacs inside vmware. > For one thing vmware treats ctl-alt special. > I have fixed this by changing the vmware hot key from shift-alt to > ctl-shift-alt-win > > I've turned off all short-cut keys I can find in KDE as well. > > But there are other times when emacs simply gets so confused I have to > kill it and restart. I suspect some of the key combinations have been > intercepted either by windows, wmware, or kde. > > Any general advise from people who have tried to use this frustrating > combination would be greatly appreciated. > > Jim > -- Rajanikanth