Sure. I just compiled it on my machine (all went very smoothly) - we'll see what happens. Thanks! On 25 February 2016 at 18:25, Eli Zaretskii wrote: > > From: frederik.fouvry@acrolinx.com > > Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 10:55:24 +0100 > > > > It is hard to describe when the crashes actually happen, they just > > happen fairly frequently, most of the time when I'm using dired-mode > > or nxml-mode (but not necessarily only in those buffers, it can also > > be the minibuffer). > > Can you try the latest pretest of Emacs 25.1? It would be more useful > to know if these happen there, and solve them before 25.1 is released. > > > This is the stack trace that I got. I don't know if this is of any > > help (I only saw the instructions below after restarting Emacs). > > No, this is from the wrong thread, so it's not useful. > > If Emacs crashes frequently, please run it under GDB to begin with, > because then the backtrace will be more informative. And in any case, > type "thread 1" at the GDB prompt before you invoke the "backtrace" > command. > > Thanks.