Yes, thanks, I see that now. (And I thought I was reading carefully.) But might I suggest that the line: If every condition evaluates to nil, so that every clause fails, condreturns nil. be placed after the line: Then, if condition is non-nil when tested, the value of conditionbecomes the value of the cond form. Bill On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Glenn Morris wrote: > > "Robert Musial via RT" wrote: > > >> Yet it is perfectly legal for a clause to have no body-forms, only a > >> condition. > [...] > >> The current text actually leaves the value undefined for this case. It > is > >> a useful case, and should be correctly documented. > > It is documented (if a little clunkily): > > A clause may also look like this: > > (condition) > > Then, if condition is non-nil when tested, the value of condition > becomes the value of the cond form. > > > PS: Please report Emacs documentation issues via M-x report-emacs-bug > (or mail to bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org) rather than emailing GNU webmasters. >