Well, curl gives you back the 303 (See Other) with the Location header, unless you add -L (follow redirection) in which case it reposts any original header (including Authorization) to the new location. i.e. "it just works". What would be nice for restclient is a separate keystroke which either does or does not follow the redirection; sometimes you want to debug the initial hop. But the default should be to do what it does now, which is to follow; i.e. "act like a browser". Hope this helps. Alain On 21 September 2016 at 18:15, Andreas Schwab wrote: > On Sep 21 2016, Alain Picard wrote: > > > Problem: I am using restclient.el, and hitting a server which > > issues a redirect, and I receive a 400 Forbidden response because > > the redirected call does not receive the authentication header > > (I can see this from the log of my server). > > How does curl or wget handle this? > > Andreas. > > -- > Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, schwab@suse.de > GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7 > "And now for something completely different." > --